Hi, my name is Carli Lyn! I’m 25 years old grandma. I love to sleep, drink tea, & watch the same shows over & over again. I’m a crazy (overly obsessed) dog mom to my two girls- Patience & Graci.
Patience is my service dog. She’s my best friend & literally my partner in crime. She’s an 8 year old golden/lab cross. She is my second dog from Canine Companions for Independence. She’s sassy, loves ice cubes, & has the most expressive tail in the history of tails. I would absolutely be lost without her. You can follow along her journey on Facebook & Instagram- @CCIPatienceV.
Graci is my little lap dog who thinks she’s queen of the world (who knows, she might be). She is a 7 year old coton de tutelar or something (she’s a rescue). She is a product of a series of very sad tweets to convince my parents that I needed a little dog after I lost my first service dog in 2014. She thinks my lap belongs to her, loves to steal chapstick, & could bark forever. She’s spoiled rotten, kinda like her momma.
I have the cutest little big toes you’ll ever see & a hobby of growing a second skeleton. No literally- I have Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva or FOP. It’s a rare gentic condition that effects roughly one in two million people. You can learn more about how FOP has impacted my life here: Living with a Rare Disease. But you’ll learn more about it through my blog!
Learn more about me with these 10 Random Facts:
1. I have more determination than most. I like to prove people wrong as much as possible. If you tell me I can’t do something I’m going to figure out a way to do it. I treasure the independence that I have & will do everything in my power to remain as independent as possible.
2. Flamingos are my spirit animal. I love everything they represent for me. Because of how my hip was previously locked, I used to stand like one, which is clearly why I relate to them. See Stand Tall, Stand Out, & Don’t Give A Flock
3. I hate odd numbers. Everything has to be on an even number, like the volume on the TV or in the car. And yes, I consider 5 to be a semi-even number.
4. I am overly organized. I love planners and notebooks and pens. Sticky Notes are my love language. I am a firm believer in writing EVERYTHING down & odds are its written in multiple places.
5. I love Target! I’s a major obsession and I’ll have an anxiety attack if I don’t get to go enough (I wish I was kidding). Seriously, who doesn’t love a store that has everything?!
6. I love social media- but instagram is my app of choice.
7. I am a die-hard Cardinals Baseball Fan. I watch almost every game and follow the team religiously. Opening Day is my favorite holiday & baseball is my favorite season!
8. I have an addiction to Unsweetened Ice Tea. I can’t function without at least one cup of [Bread Co] tea before I start my day.
9. I’m the pickiest eater you’ll ever meet. I literally eat about eight things. It’s a running joke with my friends and family, but you literally can’t pay me to try things (but I’m working on it….). Also, you won’t find me anywhere near a kitchen. I don’t like or enjoy anything about cooking.
10. I am not a night person, nor am I a morning person. I love to sleep. I cannot function without it. I will make the Grinch look like the nicest person in town if I don’t get at least nine hours a night, don’t test me.