Hi, my name is Carli Lyn! I’m just your average every-day, twenty-something grandma. I love to sleep, eat, watch game shows and cuddle with my dogs.
I have two furry children, Patience & Graci. Yes, they are dogs, & yes they are my children. #prouddogmom
Patience is more than just a dog, she’s my second service dog and sassy partner in crime. She helps me with simple everyday things and helps take the focus off of my disability.
Speaking of disabilities… I live with one of the rarest genetic disorders in the world or Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressive, but we’ll just call it FOP. The disease is 1 in 2 million, so I’m kind of a big deal. Learn more by reading Living with a Rare Disease.
Living life with this conditions and society’s predetermined stereotype with be the focus of my blog.
But enough of the heavy stuff, let’s get to know Carli Lyn. Here are 10 things you must know about me:
1. 92% of things I own are monogramed. I absolutely love them & have a slight addiction.
2. Flamingos are my spirit animal. I love everything they represent for me. Due to my hip being locked, I stand like one, which is clearly why I relate to them. See Stand Tall, Stand Out, & Don’t Give A Flock
3. I hate odd numbers. Everything has to be on an even number, like the volume on the TV or in the car. And yes, I consider 5 to be a semi-even number.
4. I am overly organized. I have three different planners, four different calendars and sticky notes everywhere. Everything has a place, every appointment must be accounted for, and everything must be documented.
5. I love Target! I’s a major obsession and I’ll have an anxiety attack if I don’t get to go enough (I wish I was kidding). Seriously, who doesn’t love a store that has everything?!
6. I love social media and if you ask my boyfriend, I’m obsessed with it. If I had to choose, I’d probably tell you Instagram is my favorite, but Snapchat is a close second (I love the filters, judge me).
7. I am a die-hard Cardinals Baseball Fan. I watch almost every game and follow the team religiously. Opening Day is my favorite holiday & baseball season is my favorite season!
8. I have an addiction to Unsweetened Ice Tea. I can’t function without at least one cup of [Bread Co] tea before I start my day.
9. I’m the pickiest eater you’ll ever meet. I literally eat about eight things. It’s a running joke with my friends and family, but you literally can’t pay me to try things (but I’m working on it….).
10. I am not a night person, nor am I a morning person. I love to sleep. I cannot function without it. I will make the Grinch look like the nicest person in town if I don’t get at least eight-nine hours a night, don’t test me.