Hi, my name is Carli Lyn! I’m 25 years old grandma. I love to sleep, drink tea, & watch the same shows over & over again. I’m a crazy (overly obsessed) fur momma to my two girls- Patience & Graci, & my little kitty, Winston.
Patience is my service dog. She’s my best friend & literally my partner in crime. She’s an 8 year old golden/lab cross. She is my second dog from Canine Companions for Independence. She’s sassy, loves ice cubes, & has the most expressive tail in the history of tails. I would absolutely be lost without her. You can follow along her journey on Facebook & Instagram- @CCIPatienceV.
Graci is my little lap dog who thinks she’s queen of the world (who knows, she might be). She is a 7 year old coton de tutelar or something (she’s a rescue). She is a product of a series of very sad tweets to convince my parents that I needed a little dog after I lost my first service dog in 2014. She thinks my lap belongs to her, loves to steal chapstick, & could bark forever. She’s spoiled rotten, kinda like her momma.
Winston Archie Sullivan is the latest addition to the crew. He’s a rescue kitty. He’s just as official as his name sounds. He thinks he runs the house, loves all of my random medical equipment, loves toys, and his food bowl is his favorite place to be. He’s our first cat, and he’s quickly stolen our hearts.
I have the cutest little big toes you’ll ever see & a hobby of growing a second skeleton. No literally- I have Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva or FOP. It’s a rare gentic condition that effects roughly one in two million people. You can learn more about how FOP has impacted my life here:Living with a Rare Disease. But you’ll learn more about it through my blog!
Learn more about me with these 10 Random Facts:
1. I have more determination than most. I like to prove people wrong as much as possible. If you tell me I can’t do something I’m going to figure out a way to do it. I treasure the independence that I have & will do everything in my power to remain as independent as possible.
2. Flamingos are my spirit animal. I love everything they represent for me. Because of how my hip was previously locked, I used to stand like one, which is clearly why I relate to them. See Stand Tall, Stand Out, & Don’t Give A Flock I’ve also recently adopted the Sloth as a spirit animal- I move pretty slow, love to sleep, & pooping is also a task I’d rather not do.
3. I hate odd numbers. Everything has to be on an even number, like the volume on the TV or in the car. And yes, I consider 5 to be a semi-even number.
4. I am overly organized. I love planners and notebooks and pens. Sticky Notes are my love language. I am a firm believer in writing EVERYTHING down & odds are its written in multiple places.
5. I love Target! I’s a major obsession and I’ll have an anxiety attack if I don’t get to go enough (I wish I was kidding). Seriously, who doesn’t love a store that has everything?!
6. I love social media- but instagram is my app of choice.
7. I am a die-hard Cardinals Baseball Fan. I watch almost every game and follow the team religiously. Opening Day is my favorite holiday & baseball is my favorite season!
8. I have an addiction to Unsweetened Ice Tea. I can’t function without at least one cup of [Bread Co] tea before I start my day.
9. I’m the pickiest eater you’ll ever meet. I literally eat about eight things. It’s a running joke with my friends and family, but you literally can’t pay me to try things (but I’m working on it….). Also, you won’t find me anywhere near a kitchen. I don’t like or enjoy anything about cooking.
10. I am not a night person, nor am I a morning person. I love to sleep. I cannot function without it. I will make the Grinch look like the nicest person in town if I don’t get at least nine hours a night, don’t test me.