26 was hard. But not in the way the last couple years were.
My life is running on two parallels right now. One of grateful-ness, and one of pure broken-heart-ness.
My health is starting to stabilize. And I’m figuring out my new normal. (Yay!)
But, during the last year I lost my two best friends. My grandparents. My world will never be the same. I’ll miss them forever & always. I’ll forever treasure the 26+ years I got with them, but it will never be close to enough time. I don’t know how to go on without them. I don’t know how to celebrate the milestones without them. I don’t know what to do at 9 PM (the time I called them literally every night). They will forever be the missing piece in my life.
But I also started a new clinical trial. One I’ve been waiting for 5 years… but really my whole life. I’m so excited to see where this trial goes, but so far it has been really, really good.
I still have some unanswered health issues were working to resolve, but flare-up wise- things have done a complete 180. I’m finally feeling myself again…. Or at least my new self. I’m embracing the change and building back my confidence. I’m proud of myself and my body. I’m making my comeback, so watch out world.
Some things I’m proud of this year:
- My resilience. You don’t lose your two best friends and come out the same, but here I am- still living, just like I know they’d want me to.
- I’ve lost 30+ pounds & I’m halfway to my goal!
- Starting my new clinical trial [with the same team as my last trial!!!!!!!!!!!]
- We traveled to Philly 4 times & only had minor issues. (I still fit in a plane seat… it’s super uncomfy, but I fit!)
- I watched my best friend get married to the love of her life (& we finally got to meet in person)
- Billy & I went our first trips just the two of us + Patience together…. It was the same weekend as above, but it counts!)
- We got a new!!!! Adjustable + King sized bed & it’s truly been wonderful & game changing.
- I got my new wheelchair & I finally feel confident that it’s not going to try to run me over while riding in the chair (my old wheelchair was the biggest POS + the most unsafe chair imaginable)
- I found out I’m going to be an Aunt again!!! My bestie is pregnant with a baby boy due in August!
- I got a Cricut and I’m obsessed with it.
- We adopted my grandparents’ dog after they passed. Cali bug is thriving at our house & I’m so glad to have a piece of them in my home.
- I got to spend 5 days with my niece & it was the first time I got to see her in 18 months. It really filled my cup!
- Billy & I celebrated 10 years together
- I was on Lifetime’s Behind the Mystery.
27 please be kind to me. Here’s to another trip around the sun!